Sunday, October 14, 2012

Developing

Yesterday I ran SEVEN miles, for the first time since my stress fracture. It felt so damn good to rack up the miles. To hear that voice on my mile-tracking app tell me "Seven..Miles..Completed." and to feel like I could keep going. To run on the river again. I missed the feeling of being able to just start running and feel confident that I can keep going.

In other news, I've been logging at least twenty hours a week at my ceramics studio. I've taken a training position there, in that I'm a part of how the studio runs. For example - a typical Monday consists of:

  • unloading the glaze kiln (it's a 54 square foot kiln)
  • scraping down the kiln shelves (it's my favorite thing to do)
  • loading the bisque kiln (careful not to break anything)
  • wedging up at least 50 pounds of recycled clay
  • four hours of my own work (trimming, throwing new pieces)
  • miscellaneous tasks like wiping down empty carts and consolidating shelves and carts
The more time I spend at the studio, the more I want to make it my full time job. I want to document the time I spend at the studio, and working on my art, and see how it develops. Here's some in-process work!
Liner glazes in the mugs, and lots of tiny bowls.

No comments:

Post a Comment